The CKA Board of Directors will have openings in March 2023. Board Member terms are three years. To be considered, please complete an application by November 30, 2022.
Board Member Benefits:
- On-going training
- Development of leadership skills
- Opportunity for advocacy
- Help children and teachers
- Be on the cutting edge for new ideas and trends
- Opportunity to extend and implement the goals of the CKA Mission Statement
- Development of shared basic beliefs
- Opportunity for professional interaction, association, and friendship
Board Member Responsibilities:
- Nominee must be a CKA member in good standing
- Attend and actively participate in CKA board meetings, committees, task forces, the California Kindergarten Conference, and the CKA Annual Meeting
- Board meeting responsibilities include: read minutes; prepare reports (when necessary); become knowledgeable and aware of legal implications, bylaws and policies of CKA, consensus model and parliamentary procedure; serve on a minimum of two (2) committees; attend two board meetings per year and remain for entire meeting (within agenda published time).
- Keep the Mission Statement in mind at all times.
- You are a representative of CKA, but as an individual, you have no authority to act on behalf of the Board unless directed to do so.
The Nominating Committee strives for diversity on the Board, including geographical representation, by noting nominees’:
- Active involvement in education with a primary emphasis on kindergarten
- Varied professional roles, including practitioners and retired educators
- Connections to related educational agencies and professional organizations
The Nominating Committee will select and propose a slate for approval by the Board of Directors. Ballots with biographical information will be emailed to current members. Votes then will be counted, and a simple majority will determine election results. (Board travel expenses are paid by CKA when possible.)